Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mud Room Ideas






With our recent summer rains, including a lovely flash flood over the weekend, I have been dreaming about having a mud room. One of my most desired aspects of the dream mud room would be the dog/boot shower. It would be amazing to be able to hose off those muddy paw paws and my wellies after a nice walk in the rain.
In my search for the right accessories for the new utility mud shower I found a pro grooming pet source that has the hardware needed to tackle the dog wash, http://progroom.com/. Here is the link to the wall mounted spray plumbing hardware. A must have: faucet.

My wish list of mud room amenities is extensive, but a mud room is the work horse of the home. I love Shaw fireclay farm sinks and the classic is the 30" original...
I personally would opt for white locker cubbies to store coats, hats, bags, and the mystery collection of scarves that seem to replicate in the cold months. I would opt for a bench and storage drawers below with lovely bin pulls.
I would use dry erase board in the center of the coat cupboard door front so that family members can write helpful reminders. An added benefit would be personal charging stations in each storage locker. An orderly home is a sane home in my opinion. A girl can dream can't she?






No comments:

Post a Comment